International classification for trademarks - Class 7:
Trademark Class 7 is one of 45 NICE classifications used to classify products and/or services.
Class 7 for trademarks a brief description:
Trademark Class 7 covers all machines and machine tools, motors and engines (excluding land vehicles), machine coupling and transmission components (except land vehicles), agricultural implements other than hand-operated, incubators for eggs, and automatic vending machines.
The following items are also included in the Class 7 category:
- Motor and engine components (of all kinds)
- Cleaning devices and equipment powered by electricity.
As a result, Trademark Class 7 is mostly comprised of machines, machine tools, motors, and engines.
Class 7 for trademarks header:
Machines, machine tools, and power-operated tools; motors and engines, except for land vehicles; machine coupling and transmission components, except for land vehicles; agricultural implements, other than hand-operated hand tools; incubators for eggs; automatic vending machines.
Class 7 trademark application Owners
Goods Protected by Class 7:
- Industrial machines: Almost every industrial machine that isn't a vehicle will be classified as a Class 7 trademark. Everything from mining equipment to robots is included. Individual parts of those machines, conveniently, also come under Class 7. Businesses that manufacture branded items, such as spark plugs, would fall under this category.
- Large (non-handicapable) tools: This mainly consists of most construction equipment as well as any other big, stationary tool. In some circumstances (welding equipment, for example), it will be unclear whether Class 7 or Class 8 should be used to file.
- Vending Machines: Class 7 also covers any type of immobile vending machine.
- Engines and Generators: most generators, dynamos, and engines are also Class 7 trademark goods.
This Class does not include, in particular:
- Humanoid robots with artificial intelligence, laboratory robots, teaching robots, security surveillance robots (Cl. 9), surgical robots (Cl. 10), robotic cars (Cl. 12), robotic drums (Cl. 15), toy robots (Cl. 28);
- Certain special machines: for example, automated teller machines (Cl. 9), respirators for artificial respiration (Cl. 10), refrigerating apparatus, and machines (Cl. 11).
Trademark common confusion between class 7 and other classes
- Machine Oils – All industrial oils and lubricants are Class 4 goods.
- Hand Tools – All types of hand tools are trademark Class 8 goods.
- Vehicle Parts or Engines – These are normally covered under Class 12 instead.
Trademark Class 7 and the Metaverse:
The Metaverse is something to keep an eye on since it has the potential to control our future. Company executives have already begun to plan for this virtual world. In this rich digital arena, users may buy digital products like footwear and clothing, dine, talk, date, and do other things. There is a video game in Japan that sells Coca-Cola, Fanta, Sprite, and other drinks in vending machines. As we know, vending machines are registered in Class 7, so will it be the start of Class 7 in the world of the Metaverse?
Understanding the main elements of Class 7:
The EUIPO, in collaboration with WIPO, has developed a hierarchy of goods and services within a class to link the different products and to make the classification process easier. The hierarchy does not have any legal effect in trademark examination or the comparison of goods and services; it was created as an assistive tool only.
Class 7 in Nice classification is divided into the subsections below:
Trademark Class 7 - Subsection 1 –
- Agricultural, earthmoving, construction, oil and gas extraction, and mining equipment.
- Agricultural, gardening, and forestry machines and apparatus
- Construction machines
Trademark Class 7 - Subsection 2 –
Pumps, compressors, and fans
Trademark Class 7 - Subsection 3–
Industrial robot's generators of electricity
Trademark Class 7 - Subsection 4 –
- Moving and Handling equipment
- Opening and closing mechanisms
- Lifting and hoisting equipment, elevators and escalators
- Conveyors and conveyors belts
- Packaging machines
Trademark Class 7 - Subsection 5 –
- Machines and machine tools for treatment of materials and for manufacturing
- Cutting, drilling, abrading, sharpening and surface treatment machine and apparatus
- Power drills and bores
- Power saws
- Mills and crushing machines
- Shaping and molding machines
- Machines , tools and apparatus for fastening and joining
- Welding and soldering equipment
- Filtering machines, separators and centrifuges
- Coating machines
- Waste management and recycling machines
- Printing and bookbinding machines
- Textile and leather sewing equipment
- Material production and processing machines
- Metal production machines
- Textile production machines
- Paper production machines
- Food and beverage processing and preparation machines and apparatus
Trademark Class 7 - Subsection 6 –
- Engines, powertrains, machine parts, and controls for the operation of machines and engines
- Wheels and tracks for machines
Trademark Class 7 - Subsection 7 –
- Dispensing machines
- Vending machines
- Spraying machines
Trademark Class 7 - Subsection 8 –
- Sweeping, cleaning, washing, and laundering machines
- Ironing machines and laundry presses
- Exterior clearing and cleaning equipment