International classification for trademarks - Class 11:
Trademark Class 11 is one of 45 NICE classifications used to classify products and/or services.
Class 11 for trademarks a brief description:
The Nice Classification (NCL) is an international categorization of goods and services used for trademark registration that was created by the Nice Agreement (1957). The Classification contains 34 different types of goods and 11 different types of services.
This article will decipher Class (11) of the Nice Classification, which includes devices for lighting, heating, steam generating, cooking, refrigerating, drying, ventilating, water supply and sanitary purposes.
Class 11 for trademarks header:
Apparatus and installations for lighting, heating, cooling, steam generating, cooking, drying, ventilating, water supply, and sanitary purposes.
Class 11 trademark application Owners:
- Sony Group Corporation.
- LG Electronics Inc.
- General Electric Company.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Panasonic Holdings Corporation.
- Whirlpool Corporation.
- Sharp Corporation.
- Toshiba Corporation.
Class 11 includes, in particular:
Devices for lighting, heating, steam generating, cooking, refrigerating, drying, ventilating, water supply, and sanitary purposes.
Class 11 does not include, in particular:
While Class (11) includes devices for lighting, heating, steam generating, cooking, refrigerating, drying, ventilating, water supply, and sanitary purposes; steam producing apparatus (parts of machines) is under Class (7), and electrically heated clothing falls under Class (9), and lighters for smokers is under Class (34).
Changes in the nice classification relating to trademark goods on Class 11:
There were no changes to the goods in Class (11).
Trademark Class 11 and the Metaverse:
The Metaverse is a technology hybrid that combines virtual reality, augmented reality, and video to allow users to "live" within a digital universe. Advocates of the Metaverse envision its users working, playing, and staying connected with friends through activities ranging from music events and conferences to virtual world travel.
Electric gadget companies will likely start registering their trademarks in Class (11) in the Metaverse to sell their products as goods to be used by 3D avatars.
Understanding the main elements of Class 11:
Class 11 in Nice Classification is divided into the subsections below:
Trademark Class 11 - Subsection 1 –
- Flues and installations for conveying exhaust gasses
- Sun tanning appliances
- Sanitary installations, water supply, and sanitation equipment
- Water purification, desalination, and conditioning installations
- Sterilization, disinfection, and decontamination equipment
- Sanitary and bathroom installations and plumbing fixtures
- Decorative fountains, sprinklers, and irrigation systems
- Steam baths, saunas, and spas
- Burners, boilers, and heaters
- Lighting and lighting reflectors
- Vehicle lighting and lighting reflectors
- Food and beverage cooking, heating, cooling, and treatment equipment
- Filters for industrial and household use
- Industrial treatment installations
- Gas cleaners and purifiers
- Industrial ovens and furnaces (not for food or beverages)
- Chemical processing equipment
- Personal heating and drying implements
- Drying installations
- Refrigerating and freezing equipment
- Regulatory and safety accessories for water and gas installations
- Nuclear installations
- Heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and purification equipment (ambient)
- Air treatment equipment
- HVAC systems (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning)
- Vehicle HVAC systems (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning)