International classification for trademarks - Class 6:
Trademark Class 6 is one of 45 NICE classifications used to classify products and/or services.
Class 6 for trademarks a brief description:
Class 6 is essentially formed of common metals and alloys, such as unwrought and partly wrought common metals, as well as simple products made of them.
Class 6 for trademarks header:
Common metals and their alloys, ores; metal materials for building and construction; transportable buildings of metal; non-electric cables and wires of common metal; small items of metal hardware; metal containers for storage or transport; safes.
Class 6 trademark goods:
Class 6 contains the vast majority of goods that are used in our daily lives, such as:
- Barrels of metal
- Chains of metal
- Containers of metal for compressed gas or liquid air;
- Window frames of metal
- Metal containers for storage
Trademark common confusion between class 6 and other classes
Class 6 includes metals used for building and construction, such as pipes and materials metal for railway tracks. In the same category, it excludes pipes being parts of sanitary installations (Cl. 11), flexible pipes, tubes, and hoses, not of metal (Cl. 17), and rigid pipes, not of metal (Cl. 19); It also includes transportable buildings like prefabricated houses, swimming pools, cages for wild animals, and skating rinks.
Small items of metal hardware are classified under class 6, like bolts, screws, nails, furniture casters, and window fasteners. This class also includes metals in foil or powder form for further processing, for example, for 3D printers, but it doesn’t include metals in foil and powder form for use in painting, decorating, printing, or art.
This class doesn’t include metals and ores used as chemicals in industry or scientific research for their chemical properties, for example, bauxite, mercury, antimony, alkaline, and alkaline-earth metals.
As well, this class doesn’t include:
- Electric cables (Cl. 9) and non-electric cables and ropes, not of metal (Cl. 22);
- Cages for household pets (Cl. 21);
- Certain goods made of common metals that are classified according to their function or purpose, for example, hand tools, hand-operated (Cl. 8), paper clips (Cl. 16), furniture (Cl. 20), kitchen utensils (Cl. 21), household containers (Cl. 21).
Coordinated Classes for Trademark Class 6:
When thinking of the Class 6 trademark classification, we should keep in mind that the class has multiple overlapping products with goods in other classes.
- Class 1: metals and ores used as chemicals in industry or scientific research for their chemical properties, for example, bauxite, mercury, antimony, alkaline, and alkaline-earth metals
- Class 2: metals in foil and powder form for use in painting, decorating, printing, and art
- Class 8: hand tools, hand-operated
- Class 9: electric cables
- Class 11: pipes being parts of sanitary installations
- Class 16: paper clips
- Class 17: flexible pipes, tubes, and hoses, not of metal
- Class 19: rigid pipes, not of metal
- Class 20: Furniture
- Class 21: cages for household pets; kitchen utensils; household containers
- Class 22: non-electric cables and ropes, not of metal
Trademark Class 6 and the Metaverse:
The Metaverse is the next generation of the Internet; it is an online virtual and immersive environment where users connect, reflecting the present reality by using an avatar, playing, working, or socializing, just as we do in real life. As we can see, there is not much distinction between the Metaverse and the real world. As we can see, some of the items we registered in class 6 are not that far from the Metaverse, as in online games like GTA San Andreas and Fortnite, many signs on virtual highways mimic many things in the real world. There will be a lot of enrollment in class 6, especially in the world of virtual games.
Understanding the main elements of Class 6:
Class 6 in Nice classification is divided into the subsections below:
Trademark Class 6 - Subsection 1 –
- Building and construction materials and elements of metal
- Railway material of metal
- Pipes, tubes, and hoses, and fittings therefor, including valves, of metal
Trademark Class 6 - Subsection 2 –
Unprocessed and semi pro-processed materials of metal, not specified for use
Trademark Class 6 - Subsection 3 –
- Metal Hardware
- Nuts, bolts, and fasteners, of metal
- Locks and keys, of metal
- Welding and soldering materials
- Molds of metal
- Cables, wires, and chains, of metal
Trademark Class 6 - Subsection 4 –
Doors, gates, windows, and window covering of metal
Trademark Class 6 - Subsection 5 –
- Structures and transportable building of metal
- Signs, information, and advertising displays, of metal
- Ladders and scaffolding, of metal
- Vaults and safes, of metal
Trademark Class 6 - Subsection 6 –
Statues and works of art of common metals
Trademark Class 6 - Subsection 7 –
- Containers, transportation, and packaging articles of metal
- Packaging, wrapping, and bundling articles, of metal
- Dispensers, of metal